Feb 15, 2021
In today's episode I speak business owners Charles and Sharon
Riser of The Temple and The Temple Annapolis both are part of
The Paul Mitchell Partner Schools. We discuss what it takes to not
only run a successful business but to have a successful marriage
while doing it. They've had their ups and downs but you can tell
there's nothing that this couple can't face and conquer
Here are a few takeaways:
- Charles is the thinker while Sharon is the driver.
- They each have skill sets that are the mirror opposites.
- Working together has made their relationship stronger.
- They're both very present with their employees.
- There are no doors in their schools. Their office is open for anyone to see them working.
- Their employees also know their schedules and know when they're "Off the Clock" and not to call unless it's an emergency!
- Although it's been a challenge year with COVID it's been their strongest year as a couple.
- They've had the same business coach for 15 years. It's strengthened their communication skills.
- Charles: "If you agree on everything, one of you is not needed."
The Temple Beauty School