Sep 20, 2020
Can you imagine a pink construction hat on a building site?
That's just the sort of thing Jessica Underwood would show up
wearing when she's dealing with a new development project on her
construction site. Living in Frederick, Maryland Jessica went from
one of the top law firms to owner her own luxury, niche building
company JR Capital Build. How did she get there? Jessica gives us a
candid look into what it takes to use the skills and tools you've
learned from one career and turn them into a success
- Jessica was looking for what was next after she realized that
working at a top law firm wasn't her dream job.
- When searching for your next opportunity start following the
small cues that the universe if giving you. It will take you where
you're meant to be.
- Start trying different things and meeting new people. One new
connection can be the answer you've been looking for and you can
meet them in unexpected places.
- There's a lot of trial and error but having the confidence that
you'll figure it out is what gets you to the next step.
- Each project got her stronger and stronger.
- It's important to have friends, mentors, associates and
consultants to ask questions and help you find out the answers you
- In your 40s is when you develop your voice.
- Every strength is a weakness and every weakness is a strength.
Depending on what you focus on - one can go either way.
- Don't wait to get started. Thinking you need a degree shouldn't
hold you back. Jessica has 4 degrees and non of them are in
- Build your network and your support group.
- Tips on how to make decisions. How to listen to the signs
you're being given.
- Tips on how to get unstuck.